Jade Bloom Essential Oils is a family owned essential oils company with one retail location in Draper, Utah. They sell essential oils online from their website, www.jadebloom.com and ship globally.
If you’re wondering whether Jade Bloom oils are high quality and whether or not it’s worth buying from them, please continue reading this essential oils brand review for Jade Bloom Oils.
I have done a lot of research on many essential oil companies. It is my desire and effort to help you find an essential oils company that’s right for you! Depending on budget, style, taste, and other customer service preferences, different essential oil companies fit different people. “Which brand is best?” does not have a blanket answer.
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Read my full disclosure policy here.
If you have any additional questions to what is covered in this review, please feel free to send me your questions here.
- What’s the Best Thing about Jade Bloom Essential Oils?
- A Brief Company History
- Jade Bloom Essential Oils Quality
- Product Line-Up
- Customer Service
- Jade Bloom University
- In Summary
What’s the Best Thing about Jade Bloom Essential Oils?
- Jade Bloom seems to be a very open, transparent essential oil company. They are not scared to say things how they are and put words on their website that clearly explain many customer’s questions, such as “can I ingest your essential oils” or “why are your prices so much cheaper than a competitor’s”. Have a look through their FAQs here.
- The Jade Bloom University is a FREE, fun online game where you can literally spend HOURS learning about essential oils and collecting fictive points in the meantime. Be warned – you may find yourself addicted to JBU before you know it! ? Get started here.
- The Jade Bloom product line-up is extensive and beautiful. You’ll be able to find anything you may need for your regular essential oils use, but you’ll also be able to explore new blends, and more options for natural health products such as soaps & shampoos or toothpastes.
- Jade Blooms has a pretty great return policy: any product can be returned up to 120 days (~4 months) after initial purchase. And: return shipping is paid for! How handy is that for Christmas gifts you didn’t like?
- Jade Bloom glass bottles have been darkened with their signature green-ish “jade” color, which is slightly nontraditional compared to the brown amber glass look we’ve mostly become used to. Love it or hate it.
- Each bottle top cap is already labelled with the oil name. This is incredibly handy, especially if you use an essential oils case or storage box.
- USA orders over $35 get free shipping. Sweet!
A Brief Company History
Established in 2014, I consider Jade Bloom a “newer” essential oil brand. Not completely new, but definitely also not as old as for example Mountain Rose Herbs (established in the 1980’s), or Rocky Mountain Oils with a birthday year of 2004.
Jade Bloom Essential Oils is a company founded by a group of naturalists rooted in the belief that mother nature provides everything we need for our health, healing and happiness.
They have worked hard to establish a strong focus on customer education. It is no surprise then, that the “Jade Bloom University” is offered completely free. Their mission is “to change the way people think about health®”. Jade Bloom “U” is a series of free educational courses, including videos and quizzes, to learn about essential oils.
Jade Bloom honors the following principles in their business:
- Trust. Every bottle that leaves the Jade Bloom distribution center has been labeled with a batch number that corresponds to both a GC-MS test and a Certificate of Analysis.
- Usability. Jade Bloom oil bottles feature a superior euro dropper top (the plastic insert),
- Selection & Size. All oil bottles are labelled with a batch number. Larger size bottles of 60 mL and 120 mL are offered to better serve users that need a lot of essential oil (think product manufacturers, craft soap makers, or wholesale customers).
- Convenience. The top cap of each essential oil bottle is already labelled, and the information on the bottle is clearly printed and nicely legible.
- Price. Jade Bloom offers frequent sales, freebies, and giveaways to help as many people as possible enjoy essential oils. Not to mention, their points loyalty point program where you can earn every time you shop (but aren’t committed to ANY monthly minimum order values!)
Jade Bloom Essential Oils Quality
Jade Bloom Oils are 100% pure essential oils. In every bottle, you’re sure to enjoy pure, natural goodness.
- Sourcing: Jade Bloom oils are harvested from plants all over the world, based on the best indigenous location of the raw ingredients. Jade Bloom also requires that the farms they purchase from only produce organic, pesticide-free, and non-GMO raw plants and seeds for their distillery.
- 3rd Party Testing: All batches of distilled oil are put through many types of tests. The most common testing is GC/MS (Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectometry). All test results are easily available for download on their website’s individual product pages, or through their batch # lookup tool. Making test results available publicly is a big step towards earning customer trust. When open to the public like that, there is no hiding any fakes or synthetics (and that’s a good thing)! The Jade Bloom Essential Oils company even went through the trouble of creating an educational video (in 2016!), on how that process works. How is that for thought leadership? Enjoy it here:
- Pharmaceutical vs. Therapeutic: When browsing the Jade Bloom essential oils product line-up, you’ll likely come across the terms “pharmaceutical” and “therapeutic”. Each of their essential oils has either (Pharmaceutical) or (Therapeutic) added in brackets after the oil name. The difference is simply because of Jade Bloom’s internal classification between oils that are extracted using cold pressing (“pharmaceutical”) versus oils that are extracted using steam distillation (“therapeutic”).
Can You Take Jade Bloom Oils Internally?
Yes, some. Jade Bloom oils classified as “therapeutic” meet the highest grade available for the steam distillation method of extraction. With that, they can be used internally, externally, or aromatically (source).
If you do choose to use oils internally, please use caution and educate yourself well. Always follow proper dilution guides and additional precautions or recommendations based on each individual oil, plus taking into account your current age, and whether you are pregnant or not. Kids need to use oils at special dilution rates, as do babies and the elderly.
At time of writing, Jade Bloom Essential Oils’ online store contained 130 single essential oils, 65 blends, and 40 different types of carrier oils.
Single Essential Oils
With over 130 single essential oils to choose from, you can definitely build your aromatherapy library with Jade Bloom oils.
Their website also has a handy “Under $10” filter that you can use if you’re in the mood for a bargain.
The oils I’ve tested, I’ve definitely enjoyed. They smell as you’d expect them to, without strange scent notes or anything smelling odd or off. Of course, that’s only my own personal account of things, but given the precise details Jade Bloom makes available to us in their FAQ section, I believe their oils are as good as their quality promise says they are.
Essential Oil Blends
My personal favorite, not only during cold & flu season, but generally throughout the year, is the Protect Blend – a fantastic alternative to the popular Young Living Thieves blend.
The Jade Bloom “Sensitivity line” is a line of pre-diluted essential oils, packaged into easy roll-on containers.
You have a choice of 17 roll-on products, which are made from oils designed for people with sensitive skin, the elderly, and children. The roller balls are super convenient, and save the hassle diluting these blends yourself at home. Each roll-on includes 10% Jade Bloom essential oil blend, and 90% of either Fractionated Coconut Oil or Grapeseed Oil.
The Sensitivity line is exclusively available on www.JadeBloom.com only, so you won’t have any luck finding these on Amazon. Shipping is free within the US for any order of $35, so that makes shopping their website quite easy!
At Jade Bloom, essential oil kits are called “Combo Packs”, and they seem to be very well curated for an introduction to oils.
You can get a nice gift set containing only singles for the beginner, or alternately a starter “blends” kit that includes 6 oils, 1 carrier, 1 roller ball bottle + a recipe to kick things off.
When shopping for a gift, I definitely tend to go back to these Jade Bloom combo packs!
Jade Bloom offers an amazing selection of carrier oils. With 30 base oils to choose from, you can either look for the classics, or try something new.
On my first order with Jade Bloom, I included Black Seed Virgin carrier oil, which I’ve enjoyed since for spiking my skin care essential oil lotions for an additional boost in vitamins and minerals.
Price-wise, the carrier oils are extremely competitive. The bottles include a glass pipette, which I find extremely useful for being precise with the amount of oil I wish to use.
Over the years in business, Jade Bloom has evolved into a well-rounded wellness brand, now also offering natural products such as toothpaste, deodorants, soaps, shampoos, skin & hair care products, accessories such as empty roller bottles or jars, diffusers, storage cases and even some loose leaf teas!
If you want to go on a shopping spree, you can definitely create yourself a pretty great care package at Jade Bloom.
As a customer, you can feel safe purchasing from Jade Bloom as they have a pretty great return policy: you may return any product, for any reason, within 60 days of your initial purchase. This includes products that have been opened. If you have UNopened products, you may return them within a whole year of your initial purchase, with some fine prints: Returns older than 6 months can be issued in the form of store credit. Full refunds can be issued within 3 months after your purchase.
Jade Bloom University
The Jade Bloom University is a free educational course that Jade Bloom has created online to further peoples knowledge of health and natural healing. Once customers complete all the courses, Jade Bloom will offer you $32 in store credit that you can spend however you like.
I think this is a really nice way to honor people who take the time to learn more about essential oils and how they can be beneficial. I’ve went through the course myself and I can tell you it is definitely worth your time! You may even get a little bit addicted to taking the courses. ;)
If you’re serious and stick with the “game”, you’ll not only progress your essential oils knowledge, you’ll also earn points towards free Jade Bloom oils.
Overall, Jade Bloom is a solid essential oil brand with good principles and practices of operation. Are they my first go-to brand? Probably not. I prefer the branding and labeling of companies such as Edens Garden, Plant Therapy or Rocky Mountain Oils. I also really don’t like the green bottles.
However, that’s not to say Jade Bloom can’t be YOUR essential oil partner in crime.
The quality offered by Jade Bloom essential oils is good. It checks out and gets my stamp of approval. They offer publicly available GC/MS reports, plus educational resources to help readers understand both the benefits but also safety precautions of essential oils. That’s what I like to see in an essential oil brand.
To your well-being,
P.S. If you’re a long-standing fan of Jade Bloom oils, please share your experience with in the comments below!