Welcome to the Essential Oil Haven 21-day essential oils challenge!
I wanted to create this challenge so that Y O U could get an idea of how wonderful essential oils can be in your day to day life. I know it can be overwhelming when you’re just getting started, and have no idea how to apply these newly discovered oils into your daily life.
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Read my full disclosure policy here.
The 21 day challenge is an E A S Y way for you to get started with essential oils.
What Does This Challenge Look Like?
Every day, you’ll get an email from me with a recipe and instructions for how to use some of the basic essential oils.
Along the way, you’ll be able to pick up some essential oils education.
I’ll feature some fun essential oils giveaways and you’ll have a chance to win some cool prizes, too!
- Week 1 will be essential oil uses you can complete without a diffuser, carrier oil, or extra fancy supplies. You will need a few extra things, but they’ll very likely be around your house already anyways. For example, you’ll be using a wash cloth, cotton round, vegetable oil and white refined sugar.
- Week 2 will focus on diffusing and topical applications, so we will use a diffuser and carrier oil of choice. If you don’t already have carrier oils, here is a list of amazing carrier oil options.
- And Week 3 will be jam-packed with health & beauty DIY recipes such as a face mask, hand sanitizer, and muscle massage oil.
What You’ll Need
To complete this 21-day essential oils challenge, you’ll need the following 6 essential oils (which are found in most starter kits):
- Lemon (or Lemongrass)
- Tea Tree
- Eucalyptus Globulus
- Sweet Orange
If you already have these oils at home, or you’ve recently received them as a gift set, that’s amazing! If you don’t have these oils yet, I recommend the following 3 starter kits:
1. Plant Therapy’s Essential Oils Gift Set #1
The Plant Therapy Essential Oil Gift Set #1 includes Lemongrass, Lavender, Eucalyptus Radiata, Sweet Orange, Peppermint, and Tea Tree Essential Oils. It’s a perfect beginner’s kit of oils and has every oil you need to complete this 21 day challenge!
Note that this starter kit does NOT include Lemon essential oil – but you’ll be able to substitute Lemon with Lemongrass for the sake of this challenge. If you prefer to add a Lemon essential oil to your kit, you can find it here.
2. Edens Garden’s Top 6 Basic Sampler Set
Edens Garden‘s Top 6 Set includes the same 6 oils as with Plant Therapy’s kit, with the exception of Lemon/Lemongrass being substituted for each other. I have accounted for this change in my recipes within the 21 day essential oils challenge, and anywhere I use Lemongrass, you can also use Lemon.
If you’d like to have both options (Lemon, and Lemongrass), you can add Edens Garden’s Lemongrass here.
3. Rocky Mountain Oils Essentials Kit
If Rocky Mountain Oils is your brand of choice, start with their “The Essentials Kit”. It includes 6 x 5 ml of Lavender, Lemon, Peppermint Tea Tree, Orange, and Rosemary. The difference here is that it doesn’t have Eucalyptus, but it has Rosemary instead. I have accounted for this change and you will be able to use Rosemary instead of Eucalyptus in the recipes included in the 21 day Challenge.
That said, Eucalyptus and Rosemary are substantially different enough that I recommend you simply add an Eucalyptus to your order with Rocky Mountain Oils, and you’ll be able to fully enjoy the recipes as-is, in the 21 day challenge.
Join The 21-Day Essential Oils Challenge Now!
Most recipes will not need any additional supplies. However, you may need some containers or household staples to make some of the essential oil recipes included in this 21 day challenge.
- Week 1 doesn’t need any additional aromatherapy supplies, just household staples.
- Week 2 will need a diffuser and carrier oil of choice. I will also be using a spray bottle.
- And Week 3 will need roll-on bottle(s), aloe vera gel, beeswax and epsom salts to fully enjoy the daily recipes. I will also be using lip balm containers but you’re free to make the lip balm recipe in any other small container you have around the house.
To help you prepare, here are the items that you might want to have ready for the day this type of recipe will be featured:
- Epsom salts (like this one)
- Carrier oil of choice (Jojoba, Fractionated Coconut or any other carrier oil of choice)
- Aloe vera gel (I use this one)
- Spray bottles (I like this pack of 6)
- Roll-on bottles (these ones here are amazing)
I look forward to using essential oils for the next 21 days with you! See you on the inside. Register Here
To your well-being,