The Syntus Essential Oil Diffuser is a BPA-free, 300 mL diffuser unit conveniently priced around the $25 mark.
- What’s The Best Thing About This Diffuser?
- How Long Does A Full Bin Of Water Last?
- Does It Have An Auto Shut-off Mechanism?
- How Big Of An Area Can It Cover?
- How Much Noise Does It Make?
- How Do I Best Clean And Store It?
- What’s The Warranty Or Refund Policy?
- What’s In The Box?
- Other Customer Reviews
- In Summary
What’s The Best Thing About This Diffuser?
- BPA Free
- This unit features quite the compact elegant design. Even though the water tank is substantial at 300 mL, the diffuser is still not overly large or bulky. The naturally looking wood design options offer elegance and style to any room in your home. You can choose between light birchwood style or a darker wood grain look.
- The cap topper of the aroma diffuser is easy to take off. There is no need to unscrew or un-click it anywhere. Just gently lift up the cap to add in water and the essential oils of your choice.
- The 300 mL water tank capacity holds enough water and oils to fill a room of up to 350 square feet.
- Four convenient timer options allow you to set the unit to run for 1 hour, 3 hours, 6 hours, or consistently ON (until the water runs out), depending on your needs for essential oil diffusing.
- It has an auto shut-off functionality so when the water tank runs empty, the diffuser will turn itself off automatically.
- It operates whisper quietly due to ultrasonic technology, which means that you can read a book, watch a movie, or take a nap without hearing any bothering noise being created by this diffuser. Only enjoy the soft and smooth essential oil mist!
- It can be used as a humidifier, which helps soften your chapped skin in winter or moistens the dry air when summer air conditioning is turned on.
- This aroma diffuser is a great night light! You can choose a cycle of 7 alternating colors, or set it to stay on your favorite color. You can adjust each color to be dim or bright.
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Read my full disclosure policy here.
How Long Does A Full Bin Of Water Last?
In this essential oil diffuser, you do NOT have to use purified water, you can simply use water from the tap. The instruction booklet that comes with the diffuser clearly states to use tap water. Personally, that’s all I use in my diffusers anyways.
Fill your diffuser to the MAX line as indicated on the inside of the tank.
At a diffuser unit tank size of 300 mL, this is one of the larger-capacity essential oil diffusers available on the market. Typical small-bedroom diffusers are usually around 100 mL in tank size.
The Syntus aroma diffuser comes with 4 timer settings modes where you can decide for how long you’d like your diffuser to remain on: 1 hour, 4 hours, 6 hours or continuously on until the water runs out. I’ve found that I can get around 8 hours of misting on the continuous mode. You might be able to make this last even longer if you don’t run any lights. You might imagine that lights create extra heat, which creates extra evaporation of the water in your diffuser. So for the longest-lasting scent, turn off the lights and put the unit on continuous mode. Be aware that humitidy and other environmental factors in your particular area may also have an effect on the overall runtime of this unit.
Included in your purchase is a handy water refilling cup. Use this to replenish the water in your diffuser so that you don’t have to unplug the base, carry it to your sink, and then plug the unit back in while there is water balancing openly.
The power cord plugs in at the base of the unit, and not behind, so you’d definitely have to fidget around with it if you filled the base with water first and then tried to plug it in (trust me, I attempted this). Since the base is quite shallow, you might spill some water (I did!) – so just use the provided refill cup.
Does It Have An Auto Shut-off Mechanism?
Yes, the Syntus 300ml essential oil aroma diffuser will turn itself off when the water tank has run empty. This is an important safety feature for scenarios where you like to run the diffuser at night and want to go to sleep without worrying that you’d have to turn it off first. You can use continuous essential oil diffuser misting to calm and relax yourself and go for a better night’s sleep.
The timer options are also great if you like the scents of essential oils, but you don’t want to end up in an overwhelmingly scented room. Just put the timer on 1 hour, which means the diffuser will stop itself again after one hour. Then simply enjoy the essential oils without getting overwhelmed by them. This is a regular bedtime conversation with our daugther, how long she’d like the timer on on her diffuser. Mostly on her unit, she chooses the 1 hour setting!
How Big Of An Area Can It Cover?
This essential oil diffuser is rated for rooms of up to 350 sq. ft.
How Much Noise Does It Make?
As with all things electronic, there is a very very slight humming noise made by the diffuser plate used in this unit. The diffuser plate is that small round object at the bottom of the tank base.
On this particular diffuser, the plastic is actually see-through enough so that you can look inside and see the inner workings of an essential oil diffuser. I thought that was pretty neat!
How Do I Best Clean And Store It?
For tips on how to best maintain your essential oil diffuser, please refer to how to clean your essential oil diffuser here.
What’s The Warranty Or Refund Policy?
There is a 100% satisfaction guarantee and quality assurance in place for when you purchase this essential oil diffuser on Amazon. Syntus has a lot of positive Amazon Seller Ratings and a reasonable money back guarantee on these units. Personally, I think that makes them a pretty great seller to buy from with confidence.
What’s In The Box?
When you order this essential oil diffuser, your package will include:
- 1 x Ultrasonic Aroma Diffuser
- 1 x Adapter
- 1 x User Manual
- 1 x Water Cup
Other Customer Reviews
“Really great diffuser! It’s been running since the moment I got it. Works great to fill a room with just the right amount of aroma, and is super relaxing. Everyone in my family uses essential oils, and also diffusers. This diffuser is not only more effective than the fancy high $$ diffusers, but it looks much better as well. I’m supremely pleased with both the look and performance of this great diffuser!”
If you’re looking for a great diffuser to work in almost any room in your home – the Syntus diffuser is for you. In fact, the unit is so good that it also made our list of Top 20 Units Under $40.
With a water tank size of 300 mL, it has a long run-time and efficiency so you don’t have to refill it all of the time if you like oils diffused throughout your whole day. Or perhaps you work in a spa or yoga studio where a long run-time and large water tank size is also of benefit.
Further, you can choose between a light wood grain look, and a dark-brown style to match your existing décor. At a price point of around $25, this diffuser offers great value and will most definitely help you get started with essential oils in your life!