This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using these links. Shopping does not cost you anything more. Thank you for supporting my website.
(4.8 / 5)
Aromatherapy is something that every individual should enjoy no matter which part of the world they are in. However, it’s not always possible to diffuse essential oils wherever you are because most oil diffuser units are built to be plugged directly into electrical wall outlets for them to work. This can be a bit disappointing for individuals who are looking forward to relax and end their day by inhaling the therapeutic goodness that the oil provides, but don’t necessarily have a wall plug-in available.
But now there is the GreenAir Scent Pod Portaple Essential Oil Diffuser that operates on batteries, on an USB adapter, or yes, it also still has the wall plug-in option if you’re near one. It is one of many upcoming portable essential oil diffusers that some say may surely revolutionize the industry.
What’s the best thing about this portable essential oil diffuser?
- The GreenAir Scent Pod has a small and sleek design which makes it portable to be carried around wherever you go. This makes it convenient to be used at your office, home, or even while you’re driving your car.
- It can be operated by using 2 AA batteries, AC adapter or a USB adapter. These multiple power options are amazing as the unit can still be operational if ever one of the power options fail or is not available.
- It uses an internal silent fan that will disperse the essential oil into the air. You definitely won’t have any problems with regards to getting bothered by any sound as you use it.
- There’s even no need to add water into the mix for it to disperse correctly: All you have to do is just add a few drops of your favorite essential oil into the replaceable fiber pad and let the diffuser work its way into dispersing the aromatic goodness of the oil.
- It’s priced at around $10-$15 on Amazon, one of the cheapest ways to get started with essential oils. Refill pads are around $6 for 6 pads.
How do I deal with these pads?
The GreenAir Scent Pad does not use water to diffuse essential oils, but instead there are specially made pads available to be placed inside the diffuser. It is recommended that you change out the pads every time you put a new type of oil or scent into your diffuser. To be less wasteful, you can save the pads in a ziplock bag and just re-use them when you switch back to say, Lavender oil use. Some people wash out the pads, though you want to make sure to only rinse with water and no soap, so that the pads keep their form, shape, and neutral scent (soap will not work well together with essential oil scents).
If the scent diffused into the room isn’t strong enough for you, just add a few more drops of oil onto the pad.
Can I turn off or adjust the lights on it?
Sadly, this diffuser does not offer a no-light mode. The light will always be on, and always one color (blue-ish). This is great if you’re using it as a night light at the same time. If you need a portable essential oil diffuser where you can turn off the lights, check out the ZAQ Mini Travel that even though it’s small and portable also, it still functions a bit more like one of the big guys!
Features of the GreenAir Scent Pod Oil Diffuser:
- You will have portable access to your essential oils. This makes it highly recommended for aromatherapy lovers who are always on the go. It will surely make things easier for you, especially on using the essential oil even on the most inconvenient places.
- It operates without water! You don’t have to bring along some water in order to make the diffuser work. It will effectively diffuse the essential oil and will provide you with its aromatherapy benefits in an instant, without water.
- It works on 3 different types of power sources which are 2 AA batteries, a USB adapter, or an AC adapter. This makes it very convenient to be used, especially if one of the power source options is not available to you.
- It has a silent internal fan that works on the dispersion of the essential oil. You surely won’t have any problems with the noise and you will be able to relax in total peace and serenity.
- The best part about it is its portability which makes it very accessible to enjoy essential oils in any place that you’re currently in. This will surely give you access to your essential oils 24/7!
- NOTE: The package comes with the unit itself, two scent pads and a USB adapter. It DOES NOT come with an AC adapter. Some people just use their iPhone wall/usb charger adapter to run this diffuser straight from an electrical source.
Comparing It to the ZAQ Mini Travel Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser
In addition to the GreenAir Scent Pod Oil Diffuser Advanced Wellness Instant Healthful Mist Therapy, the company ZAQ also has a portable oil diffuser to showcase, the ZAQ Mini Travel. This essential oil diffuser is also compact and can be access at anywhere that you want to go. It has a slightly different look to it (round instead of egg-shaped like the GreenAir Scent Pod), so the choice or preference is mostly based on look.
With the many different options that you have when it comes to a portable essential oil diffuser, choosing between the GreenAir Scent Pod Oil Diffuser and the ZAQ Mini Travel Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser can be a bit of a tough one. Both of them are capable of providing aromatherapy and they will surely grant you access to essential oils wherever you may go.
However, the big main difference between the ZAQ Mini Travel and the GreenAir Scent Pod, is that the ZAQ Mini Travel still needs to be filled with water, whereas the GreenAir Scent Pod operates just with a few drops of oil on special pads inside the diffuser. The preference here is yours, though I think the no-water option is a bit easier to handle, and makes it perfect to be stored in any place such as your bag or inside your briefcase, where you definitely don’t want any drops of water leaking out!
Since both diffusers are small in size and still effective in every way, carrying them along during your travel is a great idea. Just like the GreenAir Scent Pod, the ZAQ Mini Travel one also operates on batteries which definitely add points when it comes to portability. If ever the batteries ran out, you still have another option to use the 5V DC wall plug-in for both models, even though you need to buy that separately for the GreenAir Scent Pod, and it comes included in the ZAQ Mini Travel.
The GreenAir Scent Pod Essential Oil Diffuser is an easy, enjoyable, portable way of accessing your essential oils from anywhere, especially if you need their therapeutic effects in the most inconvenient places, such as on your train ride home or while you’re traveling away to the country cottage. You will definitely make your aromatherapy accessible 24/7 and on-the-go. There are multiple power options made available for you: 2x AA batteries, USB plug-in, or wall plug-in, increasing its portability and usability anywhere you are or need to go.
The biggest upside of the GreenAir Scent Pod is that it does not use water to operate! You just put a few drops of oil on specially pre-made pads that you can replace for ca. $6 per pack of 6.