The Mini USB 55ml Essential Oil Car Diffuser is basically a miniature version of any of its bigger full-size sibling diffusers. It functions exactly the same, featuring multiple spray modes and an on/off misting mode switcher as you’d expect. This little powerhouse produces the calm, refreshing aroma fragrance of your choice in any vehicle: car, truck or RV. Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil for soothing, relaxing aromatherapy.
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Read my full disclosure policy here.
What’s the best thing about this diffuser?
- It’s small but still VERY powerful. Judging by the strength of the mist coming out of this little unit, you’d hardly know it’s only about half the size of any regular diffusers. Seems like the little motor is strong and can really hold its own.
- You can also use this diffuser as a regular portable diffuser and plug it in to your laptop at your desk, or into a portable power bank virtually anywhere. The accessories included are a USB power cable, but not the car adapter. You can get a USB car adapter here or probably at any gas station, hardware store or convenience market.
- Like the big guys, this diffuser shuts off automatically once run out of water.
- It is super easy to operate: only one control button! If there were more, it could be a bit distracting to a driver.
- Even with just one button, it does feature 2 spray modes: On the 1st press = 3h continuous misting mode. The 2nd press = 6h intermittent misting, which sprays for 5 seconds then stops for 3 seconds, and keeps cycling like that. 3rd press = power off.
- Acts like your portable air freshener – for your car or other small spaces. It’s also incredibly useful as a simple travel diffuser as it packs lightly and is small to carry along in your luggage.
How long does a full bin of water last?
Since this diffuser only holds 55ml of water, you can expect a runtime of about 3 hours out of it. However, I’ve found that in my car, I always end up powering it off myself first, before the auto shut-off needs to kick in. It really quite quickly covers the space and you could use it regularly on your commute as a car freshener.
Pair it with an essential oil that makes the mind more alert (for example Peppermint, Frankincense, Eucalyptus, Basil, Bergamot, Cinnamon or Rosemary), and you have yourself a tool for improved concentration and alertness while on the road!
It is slightly problematic when you have a vehicle with only one cup holder (or no cup holders – gasp!), etc. I’ve never had issues with spills to-date, but I do sometimes worry what would happen if the little unit suddenly decided to tip… Luckily, it hasn’t yet.
Use it as your travel diffuser
A 2nd and really good main use for this diffuser is actually as a simple portable travel diffuser. All you need to give it a wall plug-in is a wall-USB converter, which my iPhone so happens to come included with – so that’s handy! Just switch out the cables and power up this little thing in any hotel room you visit, or at friends and family members, too. Take your aromatherapy essentials with you everywhere you go. This diffuser packs lightly and is small, both very good things when you’re limited by how much you can bring with you.
Does it have an auto shut-off mechanism?
Yes, this diffuser will certainly turn itself off once it’s out of water. It also has a tipping safety trigger included: if the diffuser is tipped sideways at 90 degrees, it will also turn itself off automatically. This is very handy for the instance when you might accidentally tip or lean your diffuser.
How big of an area can it cover?
This 55ml USB essential oil car diffuser is rated for the space of a car, truck, or RV trailer. You could also use it in a small office space. It is very powerful and emits a lot of mist for its size. But I wouldn’t use it in an open concept living room or spa studio. It is designed for smaller spaces.
How much noise does it make?
This diffuser is very comparable to many of the other diffusers on the market today, with very little noise and if at that, it’s quite the comfortable white noise actually. I’m considering adding this diffuser to baby’s nursery. Why bother buying a separate “noise maker” when I can double use it with also adding some aromatherapy for the little mini one?
How do I best clean and store it?
It is good practice to regularly clean your essential oil diffuser. I recommend at least once per month, though some manufacturer’s instruction say to do it every 4-6 uses. If you think of it like a car oil change routine, you’ll soon get into the habit of caring for your diffuser and get the most life and use out of it. Here’s how to do it:
- Turn off the unit and unplug the adapter.
- Remove the cover by contra-rotating it.
- Empty out the water. There is a little notch in the rim of the adapter – this is for the air outlet. DO NOT empty the water from the air outlet side. Use the smooth side of the cylinder to pour out any remaining water or oils.
- Use a soft cloth or clean swab to clean the unit and transducer. For optimal misting, try to keep the transducer very clean of mineral deposits and other debris. The transducer in this unit is the center, through the round tube hole where you can see it – its the shape of a round disc about the size of a quarter. NEVER use any sharp object to clean the transducer as this could damage it and render the whole unit defective.
More detailed instructions, see also:
In case of a malfunction with your unit, please try the following steps of troubleshooting:
Problem 1: No mist. Could be because there is no water or too little water left in the water tank. Pour more in to top up, but be careful to not go over the MAX line.
Problem 2: Reduced or almost no mist when the water tank is full. Could be because the transducer piece is contaminated or has old oils or leftover particles clogging it. Clean the transducer piece as described above in “how do I best clean and store it”. It could also be that the water is higher than the water level max line, so pour out a bit of the excess water, let it run for a minute, and see if it adjusts. If none of these two solutions work, check if the vent is obstructed. Remove any obstacles that might be clogging the misting vent.
What’s the warranty or return policy?
This product includes a 30 day money-back guarantee and a 24 month product warranty from the date of its original purchase. If the unit becomes defective, please contact Aiho support through the distributors which you purchased from, with your purchase order ID and details of the problem.
What’s in the box?
USB Car Aroma Diffuser Package Contents:
1 x Car Diffuser
1 x USB power chord
1 x User Manual
Note: This diffuser DOES NOT include a USB car adapter (the round thing that goes into the cigarette lighter plug), but you can get one here.
This has been an amazing diffuser! We got the white one to put in our bathroom for diffusing our favorite essential oil blends. It looks great and works well! We liked it so much that we got a second one to put in my car to diffuse while commuting.. ~ Andrew on Amazon
This is a good quality, powerful little diffuser. Perhaps you think it’s quirky to keep it in your vehicle cup holders and you might be afraid it would spill – but really, how many times has a cup of to-go-coffee really spilled on you? This diffuser cap is much taller than a filled-to-the-rim cup of coffee, and the recommended max line is about 1/3rd of the way down from the top rim as well. Not much chance of a spill!
Even so, if you don’t care for or need a diffuser in your car, this little unit could also be a great companion for your travels. You’ll need a USB wall plug (like the one your iPhone comes with), but then with that, you can basically run this unit anywhere you go. This makes for a really nice custom aromatherapy hotel room anywhere and at any time. Since the diffuser is small and light, it doesn’t take up much space in your purse or bag, either. In summary, this is basically just a miniature version of any bigger essential oil diffuser and as such, works great for what you’d expect it to do!