The URPOWER 500mL essential oil diffuser is a large-capacity aromatherapy oil diffuser that you can use for home and business alike.
Due to its bigger size in the water reservoir, it will run up to 10-14 hours each time. You also have the option to run the misting function on “low” to possibly gain another extra little bit of run time.
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Read my full disclosure policy here.
It is fully equipped with popular light modes and light switching options, 4 timer settings, and an additional high/low misting setting that will let you further fine-tune your aromatherapy atmosphere.
If you’re looking for a diffuser that can handle big spaces or long run times, continue reading this review for all of the details about this inexpensive and functional unit.
- What’s The Best Thing About This Essential Oil Diffuser?
- How Long Does A Full Bin Of Water Last?
- Does It Have An Auto Shut-off Mechanism?
- How Big Of An Area Can It Cover?
- How Much Noise Does It Make?
- Can I Turn Off Or Adjust The Light(s) On It?
- How Do I Best Clean And Store It?
- What’s The Warranty Or Refund Policy?
- What’s In The Box?
- Other Consumer Reviews of the URPOWER Diffuser
- In Summary
What’s The Best Thing About This Essential Oil Diffuser?
- It has a very attainable price of around $22 on Amazon.
- This diffuser makes no beeping sounds when you switch between functions or light modes. All you’ll hear are slight water bubbling sounds, which is quite a nice white noise. I personally find it calming, and it definitely doesn’t disturb my sleep, quiet time, or reading time.
- It’s made of eco-friendly BPA free plastic materials.
- The display for operating buttons and functions is very clear, and you always know which setting you’re on (with the exception of the “high”/”low” misting setting. That one you have to “hear” by how quietly the motor is humming.
The misting timer functions of 60 mins, 120 mins, 180 mins or ON are clearly indicated with a light (see picture on the right).
- This diffuser helps humidify and purify the air in the room or area where it is being used. It improves the quality of the air we breathe. It may also be used as a non-aromatherapy humidifier by simply omitting the essential oils and running it with just plain water in it. It will distribute moisture into the air to help alleviate dry cough, sinus irritations, or dry skin.
How Long Does A Full Bin Of Water Last?
The water tank size on this diffuser is a generous 300 mL, which will last you a good 10 – 14 hours. Made for large spaces or convenient long run-times, you shouldn’t have to refill this diffuser at all, all day, if you run it in a business setting such as a spa, yoga studio, or reception area.
One thing about the filling of the water tank that I noticed though, is that you have to be careful when filling the unit that you don’t pour the water straight into the middle of the diffuser base. I did this – and since the ionizing plate of the diffuser is also located right in the middle of the diffuser base (and creates a little indent), the water splattered right back out at me as I was pouring it in.
So- carefully fill the water into this large diffuser base in a slightly off-centered way.
Further, the power cord of this diffuser plugs in right into the very base/bottom of the diffuser. With some other diffusers I’ve tested, I like to just take the diffuser unit and hold it under running water in my sink and refill it that way. This is handy if the unit doesn’t come with a water cup- or you just don’t otherwise have something handy to pour water with.
However, for the URPOWER 300mL diffuser unit, the diffuser basically has to remain stationary while you refill it with water – otherwise it would be hard to fill it with water, and then try to plug in the power cord underneath the base, after the base is filled with water.
This is just something to be aware of. It’s not a deal-breaker in my opinion, since this kit does come with a handy cup to refill the water. However, this cup only holds 100 mL… so realistically, if you tried to use it to refill this unit, you’d have to make 5 trips to the sink to get to the full 300 mL max line… Which means I’ll likely end up using a water bottle to refill this diffuser – or resort to the previously explained direct-from-the-tap refill method, which then leaves me stranded for plugging in the power cord again nicely after the base is filled.
Does It Have An Auto Shut-off Mechanism?
Yes. When the diffuser’s timer is up, or there is no more water left in the tank, the unit will turn off automatically.
If there is no water in the tank, pressing the MIST button will cause the unit to “beep” 3 times, to remind you to add water. The unit will not work without water.
How Big Of An Area Can It Cover?
This diffuser is rated for aromatherapy use for spaces up to 430 sq ft. That is quite a sizeable room or open concept living/dining area. If you use the unit for humidification only (no oils), its rating is for up to 269 sq ft.
One thing to note about this diffuser is that the top cover does NOT click into place, or otherwise secure itself to the diffuser base. This is handy because it means you can direct the misting coming out of the top cover in any direction that you like. However, it’s not so handy in case you bump against the diffuser or otherwise tip it over, then the cover basically just falls off.
How Much Noise Does It Make?
Every diffuser I’ve tested thus far makes some sort of humming noise from the little ionic diffusing plate that runs in each unit. You basically can’t have 100% quiet operation of an electric device that physically disperses water particles throughout the air. Personally, I’ve found the URPOWER 500 mL diffuser to be quiet, but not as quiet as some other diffusers. What’s good though, is that you can turn the misting function from “high” to “low”, and that makes the motor hum a lot less. Actually, the only way I’ve found to tell whether or not this setting is on high or low, is to listen to the motor and go from there. There is actually no light or other indicator for the high/low setting.
Can I Turn Off Or Adjust The Light(s) On It?
Yes, you can fully control all of the light options on this diffuser – which is really neat if for example you’d just like to use it as a night light one evening. The lights can cycle through all of the 7 colors continually – or you can fix it on one particular color. Within that, each color also has a high/low setting, so it’s almost like you can “dim” every color available to you.
On the color setting front, this diffuser is definitely a winner as you have ample control over a variety of options.
How Do I Best Clean And Store It?
It is recommended to only use 100% natural essential oils in this diffuser. Oils containing chemical fragrance, spice or other impurities will cause malfunction. Use 3-5 drops of essential oils ONLY per 100 mL of water added. Too much oil will clog teh system and cause malfunction, too.
Every time you switch to a different oil, make sure to clean the unit before doing so. For regular maintenance, please clean the product after using it 5-6 times or 2-3 days. Follow these easy cleaning steps:
- Unplug the unit from the main power supply and remove the cover
- Pour out any remaining water. Make sure you pour it out from the “DRAIN SIDE” of the tank.
- Unplug the power cord from the base of the unit
- Put 1 tablespoon of citric acid in the water tank, add justu nder 100 mL of warm water (up to 70° C)
- Leave for 5 minutes, and then drain the solution from the “DRAIN SIDE” of the water tank
- Wipe with a soft cloth. Avoid the Ultrasonic Vibration plate area, which can be gently cleaed with a cotton Q-tip
Never us other acids, enzymes or detergents in cleaning your essential oil diffuser. This may risk poisonous gas to be created or cause malfunction of the diffuser.
The diffuser cover also has an inner cover that can be removed for cleaning:
- Pull grip inside the top cover to release
- After cleaning the inner cover, replace by holding the grip, and pressing down inner and outer cover until you hear a “click”
What’s The Warranty Or Refund Policy?
I’m currently inquiring about this. Update will follow.
What’s In The Box?
URPOWER Aromatherapy Diffuser Package Contents:
Other Consumer Reviews of the URPOWER Diffuser
“This is an excellent diffuser. 1- it last all night. 2- gives off heavy vapor. 3- easy to use. 4- very attractive. 5- the lights are bright and beautiful. 6- can turn lights off for sleep. Covers every need completely!”
The URPOWER 300 mL aromatherapy diffuser is a good baseline model for a large-capacity diffuser at a reasonable price. Personally, I find it lacks some of the nice-to-have features that other diffusers have: namely a locking cover for more secure operation of the diffuser; and a more quiet motor/vibrating plate would be nice. Overall though, the function of this unit is there, and for a starter-point price, it will cover most people’s needs and meet expectations of what an essential oil diffuser should deliver.
Do You Have This Essential Oil Diffuser?
If you own this diffuser and have additional insight or knowledge to share with all of us- please do so in the comments below! Thank you!