The Teo Essential Oil Diffuser is a real gem of a diffuser. Made with a handmade ceramic topper and a real beech wood base (FSC certified even!), it is incredibly beautiful and luxurious feeling. The overall weight of this unit is a bit heavier than traditional plastic diffusers, but that’s a nice bonus to making this diffuser feel absolutely solid and high quality. Obviously, natural materials are heavier than plastics.
The design of the Teo diffuser is absolutely outstanding – a stylish piece that’ll accentuate any room in your home or business. It is 7.2″ tall and 5″ around the base – an average size for a diffuser unit. It has separate buttons for misting and light functionality, which I love. No more fiddling around figuring out how many times you have to click that same one button to figure out how to get your diffuser onto the setting you actually want. For more details and my full home review, please read on.
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Read my full disclosure policy here.
Last I checked, it was selling for around $60 on Amazon and in my opinion, absolutely worth the investment.
- What’s The Best Thing About This Essential Oil Diffuser?
- How Long Does A Full Bin Of Water Last?
- Does It Have An Auto Shut-off Mechanism?
- How Big Of An Area Can It Cover?
- How Much Noise Does It Make?
- Can I Turn Off or Adjust the Light(s) on it?
- How Do I Best Clean And Store It?
- What’s The Warranty Or Refund Policy?
- What’s In The Box?
- Consumer Reviews of the Teo Diffuser
- In Summary
What’s The Best Thing About This Essential Oil Diffuser?
- The Teo Diffuser has 4 modes of misting operation (continuous, 1hr, 2hr and 3hr timers), and you can operate this with a button separate from the light function so you won’t get confused. It’s also nice to have the 1hr timer instead of some other 30 seconds on – 30 seconds off misting modes because you can time it for your children’s bedtime routine without having to run the unit for 4 full hours or until it runs out of water.
- The lighting option includes simple “on” or “off” modes, where the “on” mode emits a nice, soft, warm light. There is a middle lighting option with is the Meditation Light Mode where the brightness of the light gradually increases and decreases continuously. That one is actually quite relaxing to watch, too!
- Its quality of workmanship and style of design are really high-end.
- It comes with a water tank size of 110ml and will run for up to 6 hours on continuous mist mode. It’ll cover spaces up to the size of 250 square feet – the size of an average bedroom or home office area.
- I love the powerful misting function of this Pilgrim diffuser. The mist shoots up quite high in the air, making me see visually that the motor inside the little diffuser units are strong and powerful. This is important to me as I don’t want my diffusers to stop working after a few months of use.
- The interior pieces are made of BPA free rubber, which is important especially for use in a diffuser where the plastic comes in contact with water – you don’t want harmful plastic particles to leak into the water that you’re misting into your surrounding air!
- It’s quiet. Yes, there is a bit of a white noise sound as with all electronic appliances – a soft humming if you so will. It’s actually quite relaxing, and could be perfect for a meditation class or yoga room where you have to focus on the your immediate surroundings – noises being one of the anchors so this unit could actually be a help to some people in your class that might have trouble identifying other noises in the room to hold their focus on.
- The Teo includes an extra long 72″ power cord that lets you place this aromatherapy unit almost anywhere in your room.
How Long Does A Full Bin Of Water Last?
The water tank of the Pilgrim Teo diffuser is 110 ml. This is right around the average size for a diffuser capacity – most units are around that 100 ml mark.
It will run up to 12 hours when put on intermittent modes (1hr, 2hr, 3hr shut-off), or up to 6 hours when on continuous misting mode. I personally love the 1 hour timer shut-off because it lets me run the diffuser in my kid’s bedroom to help her go to sleep – yet I know it won’t overwhelm her with scent and aroma because it will turn itself off shortly. You’ll find the mode that you personally love best for yourself, but it’s nice to know there are some options for you to choose from!
How do I fill the water tank in the Teo?
To fill the water tank in your Teo diffuser, you’ll first have to lift off the ceramic top cover. Next, lift the plastic cover that encloses the water reservoir (see image above). This will expose the tank and let you see the water max. line. Fill up your diffuser with fresh, clean water. Either tap water or distilled water are fine (your preference), but make sure the water has a temperature UNDER 100°F, and that you do not fill it past the max. line.
Recommended Oil Use: Add 5-6 Drops
I would recommended to add about 5-6 drops of your favorite essential oil to the diffuser before starting it. If the scent emitted isn’t to your desired strength (or if it’s too much), adjust accordingly. In any essential oil diffuser, it is not recommended to use citrus oils such as Lemon, Orange, and Key Lime due to the natural corrosive behaviors that citrus oils have when in contact with plastic. I will soon write a full article on why citrus oils are bad for your diffuser.
Does It Have An Auto Shut-off Mechanism?
Yes, the Teo essential oil diffuser does have an auto shut-off mechanism built in. As soon as the water tank is empty, it will shut off. This is great because you won’t have to worry about remembering to have to turn it off should you use it as part of your bedtime routine or as an everyday front desk fixture.
A Quick Overview of the Functions Offered
The Teo diffuser has separate buttons for Mist and Light functions – which I find extremely clever. The buttons are explained on the inside plastic cover of the unit, still leaving the exterior design with an elegant and classy look. Misting options are to your left; Lamp operation to your right. The images to the left explain how the buttons work. Quite simple, right?
How Big Of An Area Can It Cover?
The Pilgrim Teo aromatherapy diffuser will work well in any room of about 250 sq ft.
How Much Noise Does It Make?
First off, the Teo diffuser does not make any beeping noises whatsoever – for nothing. There is a slight clicking of the buttons when you press them, but it doesn’t have an extra beeping sound attached to that action.
While in operation, the misting emits a slight humming noise, paired with the occasional gargling for the water circulating around the diffuser tank. The noise levels are very minimal and in some scenarios even desired for comforting white noise.
Can I Turn Off or Adjust the Light(s) on it?
Yes absolutely. The Teo diffuser has an amazingly soft, warm “yellow” light to it when you choose to have the lights on. I really quite love it.
It also has a 2nd click light mode, which is the Meditation Light Mode where the brightness of light gradually increases and decreases on a continuous cycle. This mode is handy for meditation or yoga classes where you want to add a little something extra to the mood balance in your room. Also, even after 3 hours of run time with the light-on mode, the diffuser didn’t get hot to the touch for me.
How Do I Best Clean And Store It?
The Teo diffuser includes a nicely outlined instruction manual, which includes information on how to best clean this exact unit.
Important: Always turn off the device and unplug the electrical power before cleaning the device. Never use a sharp object to clean it.
1. Empty the water tank before wiping it out, using a clean and soft damp cloth. You can use a gentle detergent if needed. Always rinse and dry well before using the device again or storing it.
2. To clean the ultrasonic oscillator at the bottom of the water tank when needed, use a cotton bud impregnated with alcohol.
For more essential oil diffuser cleaning tips (in general), please read this blog post here.
You can find a link to download the Teo diffuser manual directly, in the section titled “Resources” at the bottom of this page.
What’s The Warranty Or Refund Policy?
Pilgrim Collection offers a full 30-day money back guarantee along with a 1 year warranty for this product.
What’s In The Box?
Teo Diffuser Package Contents:
- 1 x Teo aroma diffuser
- 1 x Power Cord
- 1 x Instruction Manual
Note: Essential oils are not included in this package
Consumer Reviews of the Teo Diffuser
Very pretty diffuser and the multiple mist and light options are great features. Just received it a couple of days ago and it’s working great so far. I did NOT receive a discount for this so I am not influenced in any way. It’s always concerning to me when buying products where most of the comments are from people who received discounts for their reviews, but I am quite pleased with this quality diffuser. ~Amazon Customer
83% of all customers who purchased the Pilgrim Collection Teo Diffuser gave it a 5-star review, which is a great average and continues to speak highly of the product.
The Teo essential oil diffuser is a high-quality, well-designed, stylish and super functional diffuser. It is made out of natural materials, which is nice to have around as a piece of home décor even when the diffuser is not in use. The misting is powerful and quiet, which is always important when trying to fill a room or space with your essential oil aroma of choice. At $69.99, it is at a slightly higher price point, but the extra few $ are well worth it for having a unit made of nice, high-end natural materials instead of plastics. When physically touching and handling the product, it really is well-made and has a high quality feel to it. I would definitely recommend this diffuser to my valued readers.
Pilgrim Collection Teo – Official Website (You can also download the User Manual for Teo from this page)
Have comments of your own to share? I’d love to hear them. Please post in the comments below and I will personally review your input!