Around the home, minor accidents and injuries happen all of the time. Little cuts and scrapes, skin irritations, minor aches and pains and the occasional chest congestion or cold are all too common around families and homes of any shape and size.
Using traditional medicines, we mostly know what to do in such cases: reach for an Aspirin, lather some Polysporin®, or chug some cough syrup.
But what if you’d prefer to use more gentle, natural alternatives to the traditional first aid drugs and remedies? I’ll show you how you can stack up your natural medicine cabinet with healing balms to use for a whole variety of little ailments that happen frequently around any home.
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Read my full disclosure policy here.
Natural Solutions for 4 Common Minor Ailments
Opting for natural home remedies can definitely be an effective solution for your family’s first aid cabinet. Natural remedies are just as easy to prepare as traditional medicines, and can at times actually be more budget-friendly. The biggest advantage though, is that they are non-toxic! If you’re contemplating natural home remedies instead of traditional drugs, try the following products for the job:
Notice: These tips are provided to help with minor ailments at home. If you’re suffering from serious illness, consult your doctor immediately. If symptoms persist over an extended period, consult your doctor.
1. For Itchy, Irritated Skin
The first and foremost easy natural cure for itching skin is to keep your skin clean by washing it regularly with warm water. But if your skin is exposed to too much environmental stress such as cold air, dry air, air conditioned spaces or sun exposure, you will want to give it an additional dose of nourishment. Apply a healing balm to offer gentle relief for dry, irritated skin.
- The Original Organic Healing Balm created by Plant Therapy’s Certified Aromatherapists is made with all natural ingredients. Whether being used on babies, children, or adults, this balm is perfectly suitable for all. During the harsh winter when skin needs an extra moisture barrier, Healing Balm will be there to help keep your skin feeling protected and silky smooth! Add a pea size amount to the palm of the hand and apply topically to the affected areas. Use as often as necessary throughout the day.
2. For Scrapes and Minor Wounds
Little scrapes, cuts and minor accidents happen all of the time. As moms, we all too well know the phrase: “a kiss will make it better”! In fact, I probably whisper that into my son’s ears at least once per day as he cruises, bounces and jumps around.
- Plant Therapy’s Better Than Kisses Organic Healing Balm was formulated using their KidSafe Better Than Kisses blend. It is wonderful for addressing scrapes and minor wounds for children and adults alike. The essential oils in ‘Better Than Kiss’are great for helping cuts to heal quickly, while the healing balm base will soothe and leave skin feeling smooth and silky. Wash the affected area with soap and warm water and apply balm 2-3 times daily as needed.
‘Better Than Kisses’ also comes in a handy pre-diluted essential oil roller bottle, which are handy to keep around in your purse. If you have an older child, pack this into their school backpack to use as needed.
3. For Dry, Cracked Skin
Skin can get dry for quite a few reasons, but there are strategies to prevent it, including keeping your skin moisturized and avoiding scratching it. If left untreated, dry skin might become further irritated and lead to a red rash that’ll be more persistent and tough to get rid of.
- If you’re suffering dry, cracked skin, cracked heels or painful cuticles, use the Silky Soft Organic Healing Balm recently released as part of Plant Therapy’s 4-tin Healing Balm Squad. Not only does this repair dry, rough skin, it also helps with skin flaking or scaling. With frequent use, this healing balm may also help stop dry skin from recurring.
4. For Chest Congestion
Various home remedies for sinus infections have proven to be effective, simple to follow, and safe. In our house, aromatherapy steam inhalation with Peppermint, Eucalyptus or Tea Tree oils is a popular first aid treatment. You can also make your own ‘Vapor Rub’ chest rub following this recipe here.
However, sometimes you’re not at home and need some help while on-the-go:
- Add Plant Therapy’s Sniffle Stopper Organic Healing Balm to your chest congestion first aid kit. Made with KidSafe essential oils, this beautiful natural home remedy not only smells amazing, it delivers the power of essential oils to your family at times it matters the most.
The All-In-One Balm Squad
Plant Therapy recently released their new Balm Squad product line, which features a set of 4 organic healing balms for just over $20. The balms are perfect for all skin types and wonderfully moisturizing. The Balm Squad includes all four balms introduced earlier: The Original Healing Balm, Better Than Kisses, Silky Soft and Sniffle Stopper.
If you’ve been looking for a superb natural first aid kit to carry with you or use around your home, try the Balm Squad today. Don’t wait, shop for it now – and let us know what you think in the comment section below!
It may take a little bit of time and trust to fine-tune your natural first aid kit, but once you have it all sorted out for yourself and your family, you won’t regret it! You may even come to rely on these all-natural home remedies whenever you have a mild ailment, and look for your balm squad kit rather than reaching for traditional medicines.
- Plant Therapy’s Balm Squad (Set of 4 balms) contains four tubs of organic healing balms ready to help with your, cuts, scrapes, chest congestion and irritated noses. And of course, they help relieve your skin’s dryness and irritation!