Essential oils have been used for centuries to treat various ailments, including varicose veins. Oils can relieve pains, inflammation, and swelling. They can enhance the circulation of blood in the body, and lessen the appearance of spider veins.
In this article, I’ll outline the best essential oils for varicose veins and how to use them quickly and easily at home.
Symptoms of Varicose Veins
The symptoms of varicose veins include:
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Read my full disclosure policy here.
- Swollen legs with burning and achy sensations.
- Significant pain in the legs after standing or sitting for a long period.
- Skin discoloration.
- Twisted and bulging veins with blue or red colors.
- Muscular cramps.
- Itching around affected veins.
Use These Essential Oils for Varicose Veins
You can relieve symptoms of spider veins using these essential oils ³:
Inhaling the soothing scent of Lavender essential oil can ease painful sensations in the body. Apply it to affected areas to lessen physical aches and discomforts.
Apply lavender essential oil on affected areas to get a handle on your varicose veins. Repeat daily until symptoms improve.
Cypress can help to improve your circulatory system and relieve varicose veins from your body. After application, your blood vessels will contract. This contraction pushes accumulated blood causing it to flow normally in the body.
Massage cypress essential oil onto affected areas twice daily. Examine yourself after a few weeks for an improved result.
Yarrow essential oils help to reduce the effects of varicose veins on the body. It is one of the traditional methods of treating this ailment. Apply the oil directly to the affected areas.
Helichrysum essential oil has great healing features. It enhances the flow of blood, thereby tackling issues of varicose veins caused by poor blood circulation in the body.
It also helps to reduce inflammation caused by varicose veins.
Rosemary essential oil also offers stimulating properties that enhance the free flow of blood in the body. Proper circulation of blood promotes the speedy healing of varicose veins.
Rub Rosemary oil onto the affected parts of the body to boost the flow of blood. Repeat this process daily for best health benefits.
The team of Certified Aromatherapists at Simply Earth have created a blend specifically for varicose veins. It helps to increase circulation and treat those undesirable spider veins. It includes the oils of Cypress, Juniper Berry, & Lemon.
They have also posted a few additional recipes and before/after photos of real users.
How to Apply Essential Oils for Treating Varicose Veins
You can apply essential oils for treating varicose veins in the following ways:
- Blend 30 drops of your favorite essential oils with three tablespoons of carrier oil. You could use coconut oil, jojoba oil, almond oil, and olive oil. Keep your blend in a mason jar or other container. Massage your legs and other affected areas with this blend in an upward direction.
- Make a veins roller with 10 ml of Fractionated coconut oil and 15 drops of veins blend. Follow this tutorial on how to make your first roll-on bottle.
- Enjoy a warm bath by putting eight drops of a preferred essential oil into warm water. Add a little amount of carrier oil into the water as well and bathe with it.
- Treat the ailment using a cold compress or warm compress. Add five drops of a choice essential oil into a big bowl of water. Soak a washcloth in it to make the compress. Place the compress over the affected areas and allow it to rest for fifteen minutes. Elevate your legs. Place them on either a table or chair while undergoing this treatment.
Causes of Varicose Veins
Knowing the causes of spider veins may help you with their prevention. The leading causes of varicose veins are age, family history, pregnancy or weight gain ¹.
- Age: Varicose veins may start to appear as we get older. The valves in the veins of humans begin to grow weaker, causing a protrusion of the arteries.
- Family History or Genetic Traits: If your family members have a history of varicose veins, the condition could appear down the family tree.
- Gestation or Pregnancy: During the gestation period or pregnancy, the uterus enlarges with the developing embryo. This puts a lot of pressure and strain on the veins of a pregnant woman.
- Overweight or Obesity: Another condition that could trigger varicose veins is being overweight or obese.
- Sedentary Lifestyle: Engaging in a sedentary lifestyle can cause varicose veins. That is sitting at a place for a longer time.
Using essential oils on spider veins is a nice natural home remedy. It is easy to use essential oils topically. If you make a mix using these best oils for varicose veins, the spot treatments may turn out to be quite effective for you. People have had good results with the veins blend from Simply Earth. It is formulated specifically to address issues of spider veins.
If your legs are in need of some TLC for spider veins, I hope you try these essential oil treatments.
- Essential Oils for Varicose Veins: Do They Work? – https://www.centerforvein.com/blog/essential-oils-varicose-veins-work
- Can Essential Oils Reduce Varicose Veins? – https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321562
- Can Essential Oils Treat Varicose Veins? – https://www.healthline.com/health/essential-oils-for-varicose-veins