The Aiho 50ml Essential Oil Car Diffuser is basically a miniature version of any of its bigger full-size sibling diffusers. It functions exactly the same, featuring multiple light color modes and an on/off misting mode switcher as you’d expect. This little powerhouse produces the calm, refreshing fragrance of your choice in any vehicle: car, truck or RV. Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil for soothing, relaxing aromatherapy.
What’s the best thing about this diffuser?
- It’s small but still VERY powerful. Judging by the strength of the mist coming out of this little unit, you’d hardly know it’s only about half the size of any regular diffusers. Seems like the little motor is strong and can really hold its own.
- You can also use this diffuser as a regular portable diffuser and plug it in to your laptop at your desk, or into a portable power bank virtually anywhere. The accessories included are a USB power cable and a car charger adapter.
- Like the big guys, it shuts off automatically once run out of water.
- You can control the colors separately or cycle through them automatically. If you go through all its color modes automatically, it could be a bit distracting to a driver. Good thing you can pick the color you like, and the diffuser will stay on it.
- Color and misting modes have separate control buttons.
- Acts like your portable air freshener – for your car or other small spaces. It’s also incredibly useful as a simple travel diffuser as it packs lightly and is small to carry along in your luggage.
How long does a full bin of water last?
Since this diffuser only holds 50ml of water, you can expect a runtime of about 1-2 hours out of it. However, I’ve found that in my car, I always end up powering it off myself first, before the auto shut-off needs to kick in. It really quite quickly covers the space and you could use it regularly on your commute as a car freshener.
Pair it with an essential oil that makes the mind more alert (for example Peppermint, Frankincense, Eucalyptus, Basil, Bergamot, Cinnamon or Rosemary), and you have yourself a tool for improved concentration and alertness while on the road.
It is slightly problematic when you have a vehicle with only one cup holder (or no cup holders – gasp!), etc. I’ve never had issues with spills to-date, but I do sometimes worry what owuld happen if the little unit suddenly decided to tip… Luckily, it hasn’t yet.
Use it as your travel diffuser
A 2nd and really good main use for this diffuser is actually as a simple portable travel diffuser. All you need to give it a wall plug-in is a wall-USB converter, which my iPhone so happens to come included with – so that’s handy! Just switch out the cables and power up this little thing in any hotel room you visit, or at friends and family members, too. Take your aromatherapy essentials with you everywhere you go. This diffuser packs lightly and is small, both very good things when you’re limited by how much you can bring with you.
Does it have an auto shut-off mechanism?
Yes, this diffuser will certainly turn itself off once it’s out of water.
How big of an area can it cover?
The 50ml Aiho essential oil diffuser is rated for the space of a car, truck, or RV trailer. You could also use it in a small office space. It is very powerful and emits a lot of mist for its size.
How much noise does it make?
This diffuser is very comparable to many of the other diffusers on the market today, with very little noise and if at that, it’s quite the comfortable white noise actually. I’m considering adding this diffuser to baby’s nursery. Why bother buying a separate “noise maker” when I can double use it with also adding some aromatherapy for the little mini one?
How do I best clean and store it?
- Turn off the unit and unplug the adapter.
- Remove the cover by contrarotating it.
- Empty out the water. There is a little notch in the rim of the adapter – this is for the air outlet. DO NOT empty the water from the air outlet side. Use the smooth side of the cylinder to pour out any remaining water or oils.
- Use a soft cloth or clean swab to clean the unit and transducer. For optimal misting, try to keep the transducer very clean of mineral deposits and other debris. The tranducer in this unit is the centre, through the round tube hole where you can see it – its the shape of a round disc about the size of a quarter. NEVER use any sharp object to clean the transducer as this could damage it and render the whole unit defective.
In case of a malfunction with your unit, please try the following steps of troubleshooting:
Problem 1: No mist. Could be because there is no water or too little water left in the water tank. Pour more in to top up, but be careful to not go over the MAX line.
Problem 2: Reduced or almost no mist when the water tank is full. Could be because the transducer piece is contaminated or has old oils or leftover particles clogging it. Clean the transducer piece as described above in “how do I best clean and store it”. It could also be that the water is higher than the water level max line, so pour out a bit of the excess water, let it run for a minute, and see if it adjusts. If none of these two solutions work, check if the vent is obstructed. Remove any obstacles that might be clogging the misting vent.
What’s the warranty or return policy?
This product includes a 30 day money-back guarantee and a 24 month product warranty from the date of its original purchase. If the unit becomes defective, please contact Aiho support through the distributors which you purchased from, with your purchase order ID and details of the problem.
What’s in the box?
1 x Aiho Car Diffuser
1 x USB power chord
1 x USB car adapter
1 x User Manual
This diffuser is nice but it is a tad bit expensive for the run time. I originally bought this for my car but it is really not worth the hassle to set this up for the 15 minute drive that I have. So I have it at my desk at work, which is nice but I a always having to refill the water several times a day. I think it will be my travel diffuser since it is small and will be easy to pack. It does have automatic shutoff which is a nice feature as well. ~ Kristen on Amazon
This is a good quality, powerful little diffuser. Perhaps you think it’s quirky to keep it in your vehicle cup holders and you might be afraid it would spill – but really, how many times has a cup of to-go-coffee really spilled on you? This diffuser cap is much taller than a filled-to-the-rim cup of coffee, and the recommended max line is about 1/3rd of the way down from the top rim as well. Not much chance of a spill! Even so, if you don’t care for or need a diffuser in your car, this little unit could also be a great companion for your travels. You’ll need a USB wall plug (like the one your iPhone comes with), but then with that, you can basically run this unit anywhere you go. This makes for a really nice custom aromatherapy hotel room anywhere and at any time. Since the diffuser is small and light, it doesn’t take up much space in your purse or bag, either. In summary, this is basically just a miniature version of any bigger essential oil diffuser and as such, works great for what you’d expect it to do!